In its investments the following are important to Cultivian Ventures:
- Investment opportunities must be based in North America.
- Companies seeking funding must already be established. Cultivian does not invest in seed or angel stage start ups.
- Cultivian typically invests between $1.0 â€?.0 million in each portfolio company, in a preferred security starting with the Series A round of financing. Cultivian will also consider later rounds of financing â€¿Series B & subsequent rounds of financing.
- Cultivian prefers to co-invest with other institutional investors and will lead investor syndicates.
- Cultivian is an active investor and seeks representation on the board of directors of its portfolio companies.